Susanne Mi-Son Quester
After training as a cellist, I studied Japanese and cultural studies in Berlin, then documentary film directing at the HFF Munich and the Korean National University of Arts in Seoul. Since 2006 I have been working as a writer, director and producer. My works have been broadcast on radio and television and and have been successfully screened at festivals and in the cinema. In 2021 I founded the production company Mandarinenfilm in Heidelberg together with my long-time colleague Mieko Azuma.
In addition to my work as a filmmaker, I curate film programs – e.g. in the selection committee of the Duisburg Film Week (2011 – 2012) and for the series New Asian Cinema at the Munich Workshop Cinema (2015-2020) – and have been teaching documentary and experimental film at the University of Passau and the Academy for Teacher Training in Dillingen since 2016. Since 2021 I also teach film workshops for children and teenagers, among others at the Münchner Filmwerkstatt and the Landesarbeitsgemeinschaft für Theater und Film e.V..
- 2021 Chao’s Transition, documentary, HD, 35 minutes
- 2019 Paju – Die innere Teilung, documentary, HD, 78 minutes
- 2018 Warum ich hier bin, documentary, HD, 65 minutes
- 2012 Heidis Land, documentary, Super 16, 48 minutes
- 2010 Eiki – vielleicht nach Japan, documentary, HDV, 10 minutes
- 2009 Hotel Arnold, short fiction, 16mm, 15 minutes
- 2007 Dienstag und ein bißchen mittwoch, documentary, 16mm, 40 minutes
- 2005 Suguru, documentary, DV, 15 minutes
- 2003 5 Minuten Rußland, short, DV, 8 minutes
- 2002 Finow, mockumentary, 16mm, s/w, 7 minutes